Criteria of E.H.T.T.A. Membership:
- To be an historical thermal town dating back at least to the 19th century.
- To have current facilities using and managing the mineral waters; e.g. thermal spa or/and a well-being centre.
NB: the commercial exploitation of bottled water is not an eligible criterion on its own.
- To possess a high quality architectural heritage dating back at least to the 19th century and beyond and to have a complex of buildings related to hydrotherapy and classed as historical monuments.
- To maintain a tradition of artistic and cultural events and programmes with supporting infrastructure, such as theatre, casino, concert hall, bandstand, etc.
- To offer a wide range of quality accommodation (from high-standard hotels of 5* to 3* as the minimum) and to have a significant number of rooms available for the spa guests and tourist visitors to the destination.
Les Critères :
- Etre une ville thermale historique datant au moins du XIXème siècle.
- Disposer d’une exploitation en eau minérale en activité sous forme d’établissement thermal et/ou centre de bien-être.
Nota : l’exploitation commerciale de l’eau embouteillée n’est pas un critère d’éligibilité.
- Posséder un patrimoine architectural datant au moins du XIXème siècle et comportant un ou plusieurs bâtiments liés au thermalisme et classés Monuments Historiques.
- Disposer d’une tradition et d’infrastructures de divertissements et d’activités culturelles, telles que : casino, théâtre, kiosque à musique, etc.
- Proposer une offre d’hébergements de qualité (hôtellerie haut de gamme, au moins 3 étoiles) et disposer d’un nombre de chambres significatif et adapté à la fonction thermale et touristique de la ville.
I criteri :
- Essere una città termale risalente almeno al XIX secolo.
- Possedere acque termali utilizzate per le cure negli stabilimenti termali e/o in centro benessere.
Nota : lo sfruttamento di acqua minerale in bottiglia non è un criterio di eleggibilità.
- Possedere un patrimonio architettonico risalente almeno al XIX secolo costituito da diversi edifici legati al termalismo e classificati come Monumenti Storici.
- Vantare una tradizione di infrastrutture e di attività culturali e d’intrattenimento, come : Casinò, Teatri, Gazebo per la musica, ecc .
- Proporre un’offerta alberghiera di qualità (hotel di categoria non inferiore alle 3 stelle) e disporre di una capacità ricettiva adeguata all’indotto turistico e termale della città.
A. To become EHTTA ACTIVE MEMBER, cities should fulfill EHTTA criteria as stated in EHTTA Statute and recalled in EHTTA dossiers form, following the below recommendations:
- Cities that are proposed and recommended by members with a support letter. They should be examined by the nearest Executive Council and accepted if the application form corresponds to the requests. The decision is recorded by the General Assembly. A visit could be organized after the decision if needed for future co-operations, for meetings of EHTTA Board and / or the Staff.
- Cities that are obviously known as regards their high reputation, their history and development. They should be accepted as such by the Executive Council if the application form corresponds to the requests. A visit could be organized after the decision if needed for future co-operations, for meetings of EHTTA Board and / or the Staff.
- Cities that need a visit.
II. SUPPORT LETTER – LETTRE DE PARRAINAGE
B. To become EHTTA ASSOCIATE MEMBERS must fill a commitment letter declaring they fulfill the criteria stated in EHTTA Statute.
III. COMMITMENT LETTER FOR ASSOCIATIONS
C. Regions can become EHTTA ASSOCIATE MEMBERS, the concerned cities should fulfill EHTTA criteria as stated in EHTTA Statute and recalled in EHTTA dossiers form, following the same recommendations as for the EHTTA ACTIVE MEMBER (point A)
After having completed the information requested, please return it to the E.H.T.T.A. secretary office.
The EXECUTIVE COUNCIL, on the basis of the advice expressed by the SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE (independent body charged by the Executive COUNCIL of providing the report and advice on the evaluation of the candidacy dossiers to be submitted EXECUTIVE COUNCIL itself);
The EXECUTIVE council responsible for the applications will use the information and answers provided to form an opinion as to the suitability of the candidate town or city to become a member of the European Historical Thermal Towns Association will deliberate on the candidacies. New members will be presented at the first scheduled General Assembly.